Ladies, let's keep each other in our prayers, and use our phones and email to stay connected during this time of Social Distancing.
A survey was recently sent to our members asking for input as to how we might conduct Bible Study for the 2020/2021 season. Options include smaller groups and/or Zoom meetings.
Please respond to the survey so that your Coordinating Team can plan for the future.
Our Presbyterian Women are pleased to offer three Circles. Our morning circle meets the 2nd Thursday of the month via Zoom, the afternoon circle meets the 4th Tuesday of each month in the Cornerstone classroom, and the evening circle meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month in the Cornerstone classroom. We begin with time for Fellowship with refreshments, provided by volunteers, followed by Bible Study.
The new 2020-2021 PW Horizons Bible Study is "Into the Light: Finding Hope Through Prayers of Lament" by Lynn Miller. Read about it here.
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worlwide,
- to work for justice and peace, and
- to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witness to the promise of God's kingdom.
Moderator: Janice Mayhugh
Vice Moderator: Marylou Murry
Morning Circle Leader: Betty Farrar
Afternoon Circle Leader: Emily Williams
Evening Circle Leader: Beti Turner
Secretary/Historian: Beti Turner
Treasurer: Brenda Crist
Our Book and Tea Group meets at 2:00 on the 1st Tuesday in the Cornerstone room. We discuss books we've been individually reading. All are welcome.
- Brownies/candy for our college students (February)
- Annual PW Potluck Dinner (April)
- Chili Luncheon/ Homemade Goods Auction (November)
- Presbytery of the James PW (Spring and Fall Gatherings)
- Synod Gathering (June)
- PW Church-wide Gathering
For Recipients of our Fund-raising, CLICK HERE.